Whitney Farms Golf Course is Open
What we are doing to protect your visit to our facility due to
- Restaurant facilities are closed or limited to take-out service only
- Sanitation Station is setup in our Pro Shop.
- We are limiting the number of people that can enter the Pro Shop
- We are taking extra precautions to disinfect all areas of the facility
- Plexiglass Protected / Pay Station
- Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow players but also to golf course employees
- Limiting Payments to credit card only / Pay online or Call
See Book Tee Times above.
- We are suggesting Walking instead of using Carts.
- If a Cart is necessary – Only one person per cart .
- We are disinfecting carts after each use.
- Staff member is provided with gloves and protection
- Rakes have been removed from all sand traps
- Removed All Water Coolers
- No distribution of scorecards or pencils
- No Shotgun Starts
What You Can Do to Protect yourself and your fellow Golfers
- Do Not Touch Flagstick
- Try to keep distance of 6 feet between fellow golfers
- Only have contact with “Your” equipment
- Do not touch permanent structures. ex. ball washers, stakes…..
- Bring Extra Disinfectant Wipes
- Do not play with anyone who is experiencing sneezing and coughing
- Know your fellow players / Do not congregate with other players
- If you do not feel well – stay home!
See the latest restrictions here. CSGA
2019 88th Connecticut PGA Championship
August 27th – August 28th
William Street shot 66 – 74 to finish T- 2nd
In Addition to Golf, Whitney Farms is dedicated to the care of Chester Hill Farm: Fairfield County’s Best Kept Secret for Exceptional Horse Training and Care. Located on 18 park like acres, we have 5 large turn out paddocks, an outdoor ring, cross country course, acres of natural surroundings.
Visit Our Website At Chester Hill Farm
Owner Managers: Elke and Stephanie Bargas
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Call : 917.553.4961
History of Whitney Farms Golf Course
The Whitneys originally established this property as a farm with rare race horse breeding stables. A dairy farm existed on this land as well.
The land was purchased in the mid 1970’s by Chris Bargas Sr. and after a three year design, Whitney Farms opened as a Public Golf Course in 1982. During this time, over three hundred homes were added to form a desirable golf community.
In the process of re-designing the land, the architects took advantage of the ponds, scenic views and natural wildlife in its overall layout.
The 18 hole golf course was designed by Hal Purdy and built by Chris Bargas Sr.Yardages range from 5480 yards to 6714 yards with slope levels of 127 to 134.
Whitney Farms has been awarded for its good value and has received top marks for its condition by Golf Digest, Connecticut Magazine, Connecticut Post and Connecticut Golf Magazine. You will experience a challenging round with scenic views at all playing levels.
In Memory of Chris Bargas Sr.
December 22, 1919 – October 19, 2014